Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Many days, I don’t have time to prepare my well-balanced breakfast; one with carbs AND protein. The easiest thing to grab before breakfast would be a granola bar or some cereal but we all know that those are full of sugar and not really a good start for the day. I love breakfast burritos but to make them everyday would take a lot of time and effort. Imagine having to wash those pots and pans every morning. I decided to start freezing them and after trying it once, it turned out great. I recommend making them on Sunday so you’ll have them ready all week. They’re great for every meal, not just breakfast. For all you mommies out theres, this makes a perfect, quick, and easy meals for kids too!
Serving size: 9 burritos
– 9 flour tortillas (I used 9 inch)
– 9 eggs
– 1/2 red bell pepper
– 1 cup spinach
– soy chorizo (Trader Joe’s)
– 2 tsp canola oil
Fried Country Potatoes:
– 2 large russet potatoes
– 1/2 tsp sea salt
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp paprika
– 1/4 tsp pepper
– 3 tsp canola oil
1. Wash potatoes. Dice potatoes into small pieces. The smaller the cubes, the faster they will cook.
2. Turn the heat on medium/high and pour in the oil and wait for it to get hot (10 seconds). Throw in the potatoes.
3. Cook for 10-15 minutes. Toss them around occasionally. Try one to make sure that they’re done. Set aside.
4. Dice the bell pepper into small pieces.
5. Crack the eggs and stir them up.
6. Pour in canola oil and cook the eggs, scrambled style on a frying pan.
7. Once the eggs are cooked 3/4 of the way, stir in bell peppers and spinach until the spinach has wilted. Set aside.
8. Take chorizo out of the casing and cook on a pan until brown. Set aside.
9. Heat tortilla on a pan and place the warm tortilla on wax paper.
10. Assemble! Place the 1/2 tbsp chorizo, 1 tbsp egg, and 1 1/2 tsp potatoes and wrap.
11. Wrap with wax paper.
12. Stick into freezer bag and freeze.
13. Heat in microwave for 1 minute at a time for two minutes or to desired heat.
Hope you guys try this recipe! Let me know how you guys like it. It’s the perfect snack/meal for everyone!
**Tip: eat them with Tapatio. It’s delicious! =)