I love lemon bars. There is nothing better than a golden buttery crust with a goooey oooey lemony middle and a little powder sugar dusted on top. My aunt has passed down her famous lemon bar recipe and I wanted to share it with you guys. These are theeeee BEST lemon bars I have ever had! Be careful because they are SO ADDICTING and not very healthy..but a very awesome and easy dessert to prepare to please a whole crowd.
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
– 4 eggs
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– juice of 1 large lemon
– zest of lemon (about 2 tbsp)
– powder sugar for dusting
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine powdered sugar, salt, and flour in a bowl. Mix the ingredients.
3. Use a grater and grade the butter into the bowl. Use a fork to cut into the butter if needed until it looks like fine meal.
4. Put foil over a 9 in by 11 in pan so the bars come out easily.
5. Press the mixture into the pan.
6. Bake the crust for 20 minutes.
7. While the crust is baking, work on your filling.
8. Combine flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
9. Combine egg and sugar into another small bowl. Beat with a whisk until full incorporated.
10. Add the flour and baking powder into the egg and sugar in small amounts while whisking each time.
11. Whisk in the lemon juice and zest.
12. Pour the filling over the crust and bake for another 20 minutes.
13. Let the bar cool COMPLETELY, at least 3 hours before removing from the pan and cutting into the bars.
14. Dust with powder sugar.
**Update on my NO DAIRY/NO CHIPS month. 01/07-01/13
So far, so good. I did slip on Monday because I drank some boba milktea without even realizing it. I only drank half and gave the rest to my sister once I realized it. After that, I haven’t slipped! =) So proud of myself…I’m thinking of what resolution I’m going to do for the next month and I’m thinking I’m going to give up sweets. Not being able to eat/drink dairy, I find myself looking for vegan desserts which are not necessarily healthier! How’s everyones’ resolutions going?? Are you guys keeping up with them? Keep me posted!