Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Mine was awesome. I got to spend two days with my family, friends, and boyfriend. Couldn’t have asked for a better time. I’ve missed you guys…haven’t blogged in awhile. Today I have a dessert recipe for you guys. This is NOT a healthy recipe…but a hit for those sweets-lovers. Hey, it’s okay to indulge and treat yourself a little…especially with the holidays! =)
I call these my 8-layer magic bars…I got the recipe from a friend and modified it a little bit. Here’s what you need.
– 12 graham crackers – make it into crumbs (I used a food processor)
– 3/4 cup unsweetened butter (melted)
– 2/3 cup walnuts
– 2/3 cup pecans
– 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
– 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
– 2/3 cup butterscotch chips
– 1 cup coconut flakes
– 1 14.5 oz can of condensed milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Toast your coconut flakes. Be sure to check and stir every TWO minutes. They burn VERY VERY fast. I forgot the first time and out come black coconut flakes..Haha. Once they’re browned and toasted, take them out.
3. Combine the melted butter with crumbs. Once all incorporated, press down into a 13 x 9 pan. Foil it to ensure that the bars will not stick!
4. Sprinkle, walnuts, pecans, semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips. Make sure you do it in this order.
5. Pour the condensed milk all over. The condense milk makes everything come together.
6. Sprinkle on your coconut flakes on top.
7. Stick it in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the edges are brown. Let it cool COMPLETELY, about 3-4 hours before you take it out to cut or else it will crumble and fall apart.
8. ENJOY! =)
I have tons of recipes coming up. Been cooking up a storm and can’t wait to share them with you guys. Have a happy new years everyone! I have a special idea coming up. 😉
PS. I’ve been noticing that my links on other pages don’t work…they’ll work for the first day and then take people to a ‘nonexistence’ area. Anyone know how to fix that? I link the permalink and sometimes short link. They both do that after time =(