Jeez, time escaped away from me again. For those who blog every single day, upload pictures, and the whole sha-bang. Props to you. I don’t think people realize how much time it takes to blog every single day…okay it’s not too bad but there are those days where you just wanna watch TV in your free time or are just lazy! =P
As promised…here’s my apple pie recipe. I adapted it from the Apple Pie By Grandma Ople’s recipe on Allrecipes.com
– Pillsbury Pie Crust
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter
– 4 granny smith apples & 2 honey crisp apples
– 1/4 cup of water
– 3 tbsp whole wheat flour
– 1/2 cup white sugar
– 1/2 cup packed brown sugar.
1. Core, peel, and slice all apples. Set aside.
2.Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and then stir in the flour. After it becomes smooth and mixed, add in water, brown, and white sugar and bring to a boil. Then, simmer.
4. Layer the bottom pie crust in the baking pan.
5. Pile on the apples.
6. Pour the sauce over the apples.
7. Cover the pie with the remaining crust. Squeeze the two crusts together so the filling will not ooze out during baking. Make fork imprints for a pretty presentation.
8. Carefully slice the top layer of the crust into an X shape so that the pie doesn’t explode in the oven.
9. Bake the pie at 425 for 15 minutes and then lower temperature to 350. Bake for another 40 minutes.
10. Enjoy! If preparing for next day, you can leave it out at room temperature and then bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to reheat.
I wasn’t able to get a picture of it after it was done baking but it should become this beautiful golden brown. Serve hot with vanilla bean ice cream. MmmMMMmMmMmm! Yummy in my tummy…
The pie can be frozen as well! =)
Now as for the winners for the giveaway…
I randomly chose them and the winners are…..Jordan Dunne @j_mosh & Alli Cat!
Please e-mail me at Jjjjenn.email@example.com with your information. I’ll need your name & mailing address. Thanks for entering! I’ll have another contest soon. Keep a lookout!