**ATTENTION!!!**LAST DAY TO ENTER MY GIVEAWAY!
GIVEAWAY ENDS AT MIDNIGHT! ENTER NOW!
This is my current comfort food. My mom’s side of the family is from Germany and almost all of them are vegetarian. This last summer, my family was able to go over to Germany to visit family members without me. =( I was stuck at work and school but when my mom came back, she started making this green bean recipe that is now my comfort food. Her mother taught her and she just taught me! It’s a mixture of green beans, carrots, and eggs. Sounds super simple right? But it is so delicious. Served with a side of brown rice and you’ve got your protein, carbs, and vegetables.
– 1 lb green beans
– 2 eggs
– 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots
– 1 tbsp canola oil
– 1 tbsp of sliced leeks
– 1/4 cup of water
– salt to taste
1. Wash green beans and carrots thoroughly.
2. Slice the green beans diagonally. (Picture below)
3. Slice carrots diagonally and then stack them and slice into thin slices. (Picture below)
4. Slice leeks.
5. Heat oil in a pan on high. Add leeks. (It should start to smell good right about now.)
6. Add in water and get it boiling.
7. Add in green beans and reduce heat to medium high. Cover and cook until they are half way done.
8. Toss in the carrots and cover until both are soft.
9. Whisk two eggs in a bowl and turn the heat up HIGH.
10. Pour eggs into pan and cook.
11. Transfer onto a plate and enjoy!