Tonight I wanted a salad but a big HEARTY salad. The problem for me when eating just a salad for lunch around 7:00 is when 11:00 rolls around, I’m hungry again. I digest salads quick but I wanted to make sure the salad had a lot of girth. This was one of the best salads I’ve ever had, no lie! It tasted simple, clean, and full of flavors.
I call this my “Shrimp Cobb Salad”, with no bacon & ranch of course. =P Here’s the recipe:
Serving: for 2 people, you and your special someone. (whether it’s your child, spouse, or grandma; I’m sure they’d all love it!
– 1 hard-boiled egg
– 1/2 lb of shrimp (raw, deveined, tail detached!)
– 1/8 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
– 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper seasoning
– 1/8 tsp dried basil
– 1 tsp olive oil
– sprinkle of salt & pepper
– 3 cups baby spring mix/spinach
– 1/2 an avocado
– 1 tomato
1. Mix the lemon pepper, cayenne pepper, dried basil, olive oil, salt, and pepper with the shrimp into a bowl and leave in the refrigerator to marinate for at least half an hour. The longer, the better. (For the seasoning, you can add more or less depending on what you like; feel free to throw in other seasonings as well!
2. Make the dressing. Stir the cilantro, EVOO, sugar, and garlic together and set it in the refrigerator. You can add more EVOO if you don’t want the dressing to be so thick.
3. Grill your shrimp. Let the shrimp have some marks on there and have a little crusty outside; it’s delicious!
4. Assemble your salad.
I hope you guys enjoy the recipe! Let me know what you think. Feel free to leave suggestions for the site or recipe.